Sunday, November 13, 2011

Run, As Long As It's Not Away

You say you're tired cuz your mind has been running all day
as if it just entered and won a relay
with a start and a finish in the exact same place
your thoughts are stuck running just at one pace
In circles you think, round and round again
With a beginning that is the same as its end
Your caught in a trap and your vision is me
The love that you have is all that you see
Lust is sexual but your perfectly content
holding my hand without expecting my body to be lent
You never had to learn to love me, it was innate
You always looked at me as your sole teammate
"This is nothing new" you've told me several times
that this love you have is true, there's no reason and no rhyme
So your mind continues running and in the meantime
Little do you know that your pace mirrors mine
That I too am exhausted from being stuck on you
Repeating visions that remind me exactly why I love you
So run with me even if our road is narrow
Hold my hand with each step Mr. __________.

No comments:

Post a Comment