Thursday, August 16, 2012

He Listens When We Don't

My desires are like Chinese water torture droplets
Threatening me at incessant pace that don't care to stop it

I yearn for the worldly things that quench my thirst for moments
Funny how a material thing never seems to last, don't it

I want to cry out to Jesus to save me from my sins
But it's like my own hands cover my mouth obstructing my hopeful win

I want to reach for my Bible and taste the sweetness of His word
But I'm constrained to starve myself as I reap and sow - why can't I be a bird?

This struggle that I've muddled has really befuddled my own mind
God, pull me from the quicksand that I myself have carefully designed

For it's You who hold me near to you and shepard me to your light
Even when I feel stuck in a cage too heavy to move with my might

It's you who feeds me graciously even when I think I'm full
For you know my pangs and emptiness - over all of me you rule

A feeling is deceiving, but your timeless promises remain
The day you saved me Christ Jesus, my heart has never been the same

I may feel like I'm withering away like a flower with no soil for her roots
But a feeling fades, and your love grows in an undying devoted pursuit

I trust in you my God to hear my unsaid words today
I know you keep a treasure box full of the prayers I wanted to say

I praise you my Lord in Heaven for the mysteries you've made clear
For it's not my own voice I need to hear, but yours I lend my ear












No comments:

Post a Comment