Sunday, April 21, 2013

Today's Tidbits from a Simple Soul

RHYME TIME:

To just be. To just breathe. To just live and not think.
Some of us numb our pains with liver taunting drinks.
We want just the dizzied blur, walking on reality's brink.

I wanted nothing more than to implode and merely sink.
But life changed in an instance, faster than I could blink.

Those were the days, those were the days I thought I'd never escape.
Now I'm present, using past tense to describe my new found fate.

***

VENTING SESH:

Today I arose in a disheveled heap, body heavy with the remnants of my lingering stomach flu. A nasty culprit to fend off, I ignored its nagging ache the best I could, the only sign of pain emerged through the wrinkling of my forehead and clenched shut eyes in moments when it was hard to bear.

Oddly enough, I'm thankful for this sickness because:

#1 I have become exceedingly less immobile than  recent days of busyness, giving me perspective on the need for balance.

#2 I have consented to the fate of getting rest, sleep, hydration and time to write.

The truth is...life has been busy. Change seems constant and established routine is merely a mirage in my dreams. And I'm okay with this, for what seems to be the first time in my life - not because I mastered a yoga pose or meditated in silence, but because I yearn daily to release my reigns to the eternal God who grants peace beyond understanding.

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


***
PICTURE THIS:

Psalm 95: Oh come, let us sing to the Lord!

Despite my angry insides, I made it to the beach today - where God whispered to me in the breeze and roared with the crashing waves. Alone with Him...there's nothing better.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I am glad you are stronger, better :D
    My favorite place is the sea shore-I grew up by the bay. When my net of doubt is cast I go there linger and return healed!

    Your guitar reminds me I need to tune in and listen to the inner guidance!
    GPS-Gifts, Passion, Spirit
    and I need new strings~

    ReplyDelete