Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Soul Purpose

No matter where I go whether near or far
God follows me like a midnight star
He shines bright and lights my path
Sometimes he loves me with grace, sometimes with wrath
I cherish what he has done for me
Healed me from a life of dreaded disease
Loved me and built me up into a mountain of strength
Founded upon my undying faith

God I pray to you that you will hold me close to you
Be the father I never had and make me anew
Remind me how much I desperately need you
Not a man or a friend, just my belief in truth
Shelter me from these distractions that rap at my door
Take my hand and lead me to what I need more
Push me and challenge me in the areas that need growth
So I can fall on you and lean into your word with an oath

I vow that I'll never look back at that life I had
Before I knew you, simple things and people made me glad
I rejoice in your undying presence and constant drone in my heart
You beat like a drum inside my soul like an art
I yearn for you to reveal yourself even more to me
I know I don't deserve even a moment of clarity
But you're gracious...my King, my Lord, Savior, my mighty lion
I have never seen the world in such pure light, you turned my "off" switch to "on"

My vision is sometimes blurred, mixed with sin and lightly stirred
But I know of something that combats all darkness that lies within just one word

JESUS

Nothing more or nothing less to describe the King in heaven
My everything, my center, my peace, my blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment