Monday, October 24, 2011

egamI rorriM | Mirror Image :: Part II ::


Okay so I realize that I promised those of you who read my last blog, in this blog, a mind blowing, virtually life changing grasp of your attention with my manipulative linguistics, coercing you into conviction that the coincidences in my life are plainly, weird. I know you already think I'M weird, but let's focus on the coincidences here peeps.



So, just so I know we're all on the same page, I'll regress and word vomit on you a quick synopsis of the coincidences I've recognized to be significant in my life thus far:

  • Both myself and my roommate are 24 years of age, Caucasian female life conquerors, with an ex African American sporadically drunk (but consistently alcoholic) fiance'.

Alright, that's enough textual throw up for now, I'm sure you agree. Now, I realize these coincidences can be classified (by all you assholes who thrive on being assholes) as nothing special, just two people in the same place with some mirrored events, hence the reason why you must continue reading so I can disprove your asshole tendency of always being right and show you that you're wrong.

P.S. I am legally bound probably somewhere to throw you this fair warning: 

The subsequent events aren't just random occurrences, they're WEIRD random occurrences, and I'm not necessarily convinced they're random either. P.S.S. Despite your assumption (speaking to all the assholes again), no it is not odd or against the law to use the "post script" abbreviation in the middle of my entire piece.

And I proceed....

First Weird Event: Okay put your thinking cap on, cuz unlike a Twitter account, this may get hard to follow. Guy #1 (omitting name for protection purposes) had dated me for over 1.8 years and about .2 years before moving in with my roommate, we discontinued dating. Unbeknownst to me, in the short span that elapsed from the time Guy #1 and I broke up, to the time time that I moved in with my roommate (.2 years aka 1 month), Guy #1 and my roommate became acquainted and sort of sparked up what I like to call a "thing." Guy #1, myself, and my roommate were blissfully unaware that Guy #1's ex cuddy buddy (me) and his new shorty (my roommate) would soon be shacked up in the same dwelling. This new living situation proved very awkward to say the least for all parties. I'll let you imagine the WEIRD coincidences that ensued shortly after...

For the sake of your attention span, let's just pretend I give you like 17 more scenarios of true life crazy events in this space...

Last Weird Event: I saved the best for last (I know, so original of me) because this event is not just weird, it kind of was the pinnacle of change in my belief system. And is the very reason why I was able to distinguish myself as the asshole that I accused you of being earlier. The reason why I realized it was myself who needed to be disapproved all along, not those surrounding me. The reason why I've come to realize that the odd coincidences in my life are not just chaotic random occurrences stimulating connection and ah ha moments, but the works and will of something or someone with a greater power and knowledge than myself, many of who refer to as God. 

Please read with care:

Walking one Sunday down a street I had never been on in a town I had lived in for over 24 years, it was just another day. Accompanied by my parents, our light conversation fluttered seemingly insignificantly from one subject to the other. Considering that I haven't even thought about the items that should fall under my current grocery list, when my mother questioned what my Christmas list consisted of, you bet your bottom dollar I had a shit ton of nothing to ask for. So, I half seriously asked her to buy me a one way trip to the city of Angels. I was waiting for her and my step dad to laugh, but instead heard a quiet crunch under my footstep and suspected it to be one of those lousy surprise sticks that pop up out of no where and get satisfaction from tripping you. Anyways, my focus was directed to the pavement as I nearly tripped upon this asshole stick, and as I knelt down, to yell at the inanimate object, I soon detected that this stick wasn't really a stick at all. In awe, I carefully pinched the object's sides as if it were a tiny foreign creature I was afraid to hurt, and slowly lifted it up to show my parents what I had found, or maybe better explained, what had found me: a perfectly proportioned gold cross emblem. Both my parents were mildly stunned, and I on the other hand could feel chills tracing up my spine like a soft whisper from God, with a message that resonated:

“You may be walking down a path you’ve never been on before, but those silly involuntary sticks of life that try to bring you down, may be disguised for a reason, and only if you look hard enough, will you see it’s true form.”

After this moment, I felt that with each step I continued to take, I would always have God behind me, whispering his love, and also reminding me to stop being such an asshole.


No comments:

Post a Comment