Friday, October 28, 2011

MTV: Music Tele-What?

So I got to thinking:
Can MTV really claim its title anymore?

I mean whenever I engage in rotting my brain aka watch T.V. and flip to the MTV channel, the only thing that fills the screen are big 16 year old bellies full of embryonic fluid and dumb idiot chicks with huge poofy things on top of their heads that a confidential source has confirmed to be actual hair although is frequently mistaken as a rat's nest. Sometimes when I focus really hard, and phase out the inappropriate rants of beyond tan douche bag Guidos concerned with the arrival of automobiles, I can faintly hear background music playing. So does that mean I'm watching "music television"? Or does it mean I'm watching a reality T.V. show accompanied by a barely audible soundtrack with genius works including: Teach Me How To Dougie, some fist pump techno shit, and Britney Spears' newest blunder? I opt to argue as I prefer a little bit of coffee with my cream, similarly, MTV favors a tiny smidge of music with it's television.

4 comments: