Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hockin Loogies

“You’ve gotta dig deep! See watch me, Beth.” My brother demonstrated the art of loogie hocking as he inhaled his mucus, creating some sort of sickening noise that resonated from his nose.  After accumulating the correct amount of slimy material, he aimed his mouth at an invisible target in the grass and forcefully enough, his salivic matter spewed out of his throat with precision and landed in a splattering puddle in the projected area of choice.
Victory.
My loogies never amounted to much. Many attempts consisted of a clear, unsubstantial build up of spit, that would dribble slowly down my chin due to my loogie launching and forming inability. Never quite mastering the skill, I gave up early on and resorted to enthused bystander mode as my brother reveled in his art.

No comments:

Post a Comment